LG Display said on Wednesday that its factory at Paju suffered a gas leak that injured six people.
Tetramethylammonium hydroxide was leaked when workers were trying to reconnect a pipe at LG’s P8 factory, the company said.
Two were heavily injured __ they suffered heart attacks but were revived __ while four suffered light injuries.
The hydroxide is used when making the circuits of liquid crystal display, printed circuit boards and sensors. It can cause burns when they come in contact with the skin or eyes.
The P8 factory is used to mostly manufacturer LCD panels.
LG said it has called authorities and 119 immediately after the accident. The valve that leaked the hydroxide was immediately shut to prevent further accidents, it said.
It will work hard to make sure those that were injured recover quickly, it said.